Baker Tilly International Names New CEO
9 Jun 2015
Ted Verkade Will Lead the Global Network From 1 July 2016
Baker Tilly International, the world’s eighth largest accounting and advisory network, today announced that the International Board of Directors (the Board) has unanimously voted Ted Verkade as chief executive officer and president. Ted will succeed Geoff Barnes who will retire from that role in June 2016.
Ted brings more than 30 years of relevant industry experience to the role having been a partner in the network’s Dutch member, Baker Tilly Berk, for 20 years. Following a long career in the audit practice with a focus on growing the firm’s international client base, he has held several leadership positions within the firm. For the last six years he has been a managing director of the firm and he currently is the chairman of the firm’s Board of Directors.
He has been Baker Tilly International’s regional chairman for Europe, Middle East & Africa for ten years, a period in which coverage in the region was expanded from 49 to 80 countries. During the last five years Ted has taken a leading role in setting the strategic direction of the network and the alignment of member firms globally.
Commenting on his appointment Ted Verkade said: “I’m excited and honoured to be leading the network at a time where there is much change in the accounting profession worldwide. Over the next 12 months, Geoff and I will be working closely together on a transition programme to ensure we deliver the network’s strategic objectives. Under Geoff’s leadership, Baker Tilly International has become a robust global network with high calibre member firms and many talented individuals. I look forward to working with the Global Office team and our member firms to continue the network’s track record of success”.
Commenting on Ted’s appointment, Geoff Barnes said: “I am thrilled the Board has voted unanimously and selected Ted as my successor. I am enthusiastic about welcoming Ted as the network’s new leader and to ensure there is a smooth transition for the benefit of our member firms, clients and employees”.
Geoff will remain a member of the Board following his retirement.
About Ted Verkade
- Ted Verkade has been a partner in Baker Tilly Berk, the 8th largest accounting firm in the Netherlands for 20 years and currently is their chairman of the Board of Directors.
- He is an auditor by profession and developed the firm’s international audit practice in Amsterdam.
- He headed the firm’s technical department for seven years and has a thorough understanding of international auditing and accounting standards and regulation.
- He has been the EMEA regional chairman for Baker Tilly International since 2004 during which period revenues in the region have grown from US$651m to US$1,188m and coverage expanded from 49 to 80 countries.
- Download photo of Ted Verkade (157kb).
About Geoff Barnes
- Geoff Barnes has been the CEO and president of Baker Tilly International for the past 16 years.
- Under his leadership the network has grown its combined global revenues from US$900m to US$3.6bn and its coverage from 59 countries to 133 countries (as at June 2014).
- Jo Luck, brand and communications manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)20 3102 7608.
Back to news