Today's global businesses demand a global approach to managing their worldwide tax position which extends beyond the tax laws of a single country.
From establishing the right structure of subsidiary companies and branches and formulating global funding arrangements, to planning for the repatriation of profits and evaluating the impact of double tax treaties in relation to withholding taxes on cross border currency flows, the financial benefits from getting the approach right can be tremendous. The penalty for getting it wrong is an unwanted increase in a group's global tax charge.
Our worldwide tax experts understand how domestic and overseas tax systems interact and take a co-ordinating role in managing clients' worldwide tax affairs. Some of the areas in which our member firms can help you add value to your business include advising on:
- Setting up global and regional holding companies
- Putting in place tax efficient international structures to manage withholding taxes on intra-group dividends and interest payments
- Structuring loan finance and associated interest costs
- Packaging intellectual property rights into a dedicated vehicle in an appropriate location and setting up intra-group licensing arrangements
- Setting robust group pricing policies to minimise the risk of expensive transfer pricing challenges by national tax authorities
- Cross border mergers and acquisitions.
MHA MacIntyre Hudson (UK) and Baker Tilly International discuss tax issues around Brexit and from an EU perspective, click here to watch the Business Brexit Forum.
To access our webinar on 'Evolving PE Strategies in a Post-BEPS World', please click here.